Monday, January 30, 2012

Dammit. I no longer have a working Kindle.

Just look at it! Don't know why it happened, either. Just took it out of my haversack in Queenstown, NZ and it looked like this.


Water damage? Cracked screen? I dunno. What matters is that the nice live chat support guy at Amazon said he'd send a replacement one along, no problem, right away. All I have to do is post in the old one in 30 days or less.

I was expecting a runaround because it's under my sister's name and using my dad's account, but luckily all it meant was that I needed to supply a few extra info bits on my dad's account and everything went hunky-dory. They only post within the USA, but that's where my NYC-based sister comes in handy.

In the meantime, I'm a little too busy to camp out in the National Library's reference section to read my Iraq book. So I'm reading my Iran book, Rumi Jalaluddin's Mathnawi, on my iPhone:


It was free, too - all I needed to do was track down a .txt version of the work, convert it to .doc, resize everything and convert that to .pdf. Easy-peasy!

In other news, MPH is releasing an e-reader. I might actually buy one just to support them - the KL-based folks I've met from there are pretty cool.

No comments: